Our Friends

Winner's

You have a whole month to enter our challenge. All winners will be announced at the end of the challenge, the Winner and an overall TOP 3 will be announced and added to our sidebar at the end of the month as well. In the meantime, watch to see if you're featured throughout the month and don't forget!
Grab your Winner badge, TOP 3 or Featured badge under our "Grab a Badge" page!

Monday 9 September 2013

A Little Tutorial On PNG's

Your digi's come in JPEG but some come in PNG! I hear some of you saying 'WHAT IS THAT?!
That means the background is transparent! Virtually not there but it is it's just invisible. I love these because I don't have to remove the background, and usually I like how it looks with the background removed. It's computer fussy cutting without getting too fussy! LOL! 
I recently had someone telling me, I get the image and this ugly grey background.
The grey means it's transparent. If you preview your watermarks, you'll see grey around them. Your saying let's get on with it, aren't you?!
I'm using Lacy Sunshine's image Hannah (found here)
Heather told me PNG's are overlays (Perfect word) 
A PNG can be overlaid on colored CS but if you have digital software you can make your own background.
COOL HUH!!! Give it a try!  
Print it and color it!
Colored mine with prisma colored pencils and I love my digital software from Stampin' Up, MDS2





4 comments:

  1. Awesome tutorial Denise:)
    Thank you for showcasing my Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Well done and awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of them as overlays, brilliant tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea Denise, fabulous tutorial.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by!! We are sorry we are no longer a challenge blog, however we hope you are able to collect inspiration from the cards and projects to help you in your digital quest. "Digital Diva"!

The DSC DT

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.